- 4 cooking apples (I putted 6 or more, depending on how big the apples are)
- 250g white sugar
- 200g plain white flour
- 120g butter
- 1 clove or cinnamon stick (I put both!!!)
- Peel and core the apples and roughly dice into chunks.
- Put the apples chunks into a pan, add ¾ of sugar, cinnamon stick or clove and cover. Stir gently with a wooden spoon.
- The apples should be soft but not puree!
- Put the apples into the serving dish and allow to cool.
- Mix the white flour, remaining sugar and butter, with your fingers, in a bowl until it becomes like a breadcrumb consistency.
- Set the temperature of oven to 150C.
- Cover the stewed apples with the crumble topping, without pressing down.Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until crumble is golden brown and crunchy.
Serve with ice cream or whipping cream. Enjoy! 🙂